Last Modified: December 7, 2022
Data2Logistics collects information under the direction of its Clients and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. If you are a customer of one of our Clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Clients that use our service, please contact the Client that you interact with directly. We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our Clients.
What Personal Information We Collect
Personal information is information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you. Personal information also includes information that is linked to information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you. Personal information does not include information that has been irreversibly aggregated so that it can no longer enable us, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify you.
We may collect different kinds of personal information from or about you:
- Information you provide: We collect the personal information you provide—such as your name, contact information, or email address—when you use our products and services, contact us, subscribe to our newsletter, apply for employment, interact with us at in-person events, or otherwise interact with us.
- Information about use of our services and products: When you visit our website, we may collect information about the type of device you use, your device’s unique identifier, the IP address of your device, your operating system, the type of Internet browser that you use, usage information, diagnostic information, browsing information, and location information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices on which you install or access our products or services. We may gather some of this information automatically
- Direct Shipping Information: When we process our clients’ freight invoices, we often receive our clients’ customer contact information (name and address) of our clients on the shipping invoices.
- Information from Third Parties: We may also collect information from third parties, including business partners and marketing agencies. This includes your contact information from marketing partners when we engage in joint marketing activities, your IP address or location information from service providers to offer certain products and services relevant to your location, and data from your social networks to authenticate your use of our products and services, or that you grant permission to our products or services to access.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use personal information to provide, improve, and develop our products and services, to communicate with you, to offer you targeted advertisements and services, and to protect us and our clients. Data2Logistics collects, processes, and determines how to process your personal information as data controller for the following purposes:
- Communicating with you: Subject to your prior express consent, we may use personal information to send you marketing communications in relation to our own products and services; communicate with you about your transactions or employment requests; and inform you about our policies and terms. If you no longer wish to receive email communications for marketing purposes, please Contact Us to opt out. We may use your information to process and respond to your requests when you contact us.
- Providing, improving, and developing our products and services: We use personal information to help us provide, improve, and develop our products, services, and advertising. This includes using personal information for purposes such as data analysis, research, and audits. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest in offering you products and services and for business continuity.
- Promoting safety and security: We may use personal information to promote safety and security, such as by monitoring fraud and investigating suspicious or potentially illegal activity or violations of our terms or policies. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest in helping ensure the safety of our products and services.
Data2Logistics, LLC has historically processed personal data in accordance with high data privacy standards. We have maintained certification with the EU-U.S. Safe Harbor Framework and subsequently with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information. We will continue to subject all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries and the United Kingdom and/or Switzerland, in accordance with the requirements of the applicable jurisdictions. Where no other legal grounds for a transfer of data to the US apply (such as the necessity to transfer data for the performance of a contract in the interest of you as a data subject) we rely on the use of the European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs), where possible in combination with encryption and / or pseudonymization measures. When we would of the opinion in a given situation that given the nature of the data we receive and other circumstances of the case an adequate level of protection cannot be provided, we will either suspend the data transfer or inform the relevant data protection authority about this. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List. https://www.privacyshield.gov/list
Data2Logistics is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, in accordance with the SCCs, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Data2Logistics complies with the SCCs for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, the United Kingdom and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
Data2Logistics is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
You can remove or reject cookies using your browser or device settings, but in some cases doing so may affect your ability to use our products and services.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose certain personal information to vendors and service providers that work with us to provide our products and services or help us market to clients. Personal information will only be shared by us with these companies in order to provide or improve our products, services, and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their own marketing purposes without your prior express consent. We may also share personal information with corporate affiliates and in case of corporate business transfers, and for purposes of legal compliance and security.
- Vendors and Service Providers: We may share personal information with companies that provide services on our behalf, such as website hosting, email services, marketing and other promotions, auditing, payment processing, fulfilling client orders, data analytics, providing customer service and support, and other services that assist in selling our products and services. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever we operate.
- Corporate Affiliates and Corporate Business Transactions: We may share personal information with all Data2Logistics -affiliated companies. In the event of a merger, reorganization, acquisition, joint venture, spin-off, assignment, transfer, or sale or disposition of all or any portion of our business, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings, we may transfer any and all personal information to the relevant third party
- Legal Compliance and Security: We may disclose personal information, as necessary by law, or as a result of legal process, litigation, or requests from public or governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence. We may also disclose personal information if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose personal information if we determine in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our rights and pursue available remedies, enforce our terms and conditions, investigate fraud, or protect our operations or customers
Your Access and Control Over Information
Depending on where you live, you may have the rights described below. You have the right to access, correct, or delete the personal information that we collect. You are also entitled to object, at any time, to the further processing of your personal information. You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured and standard format. You may lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority regarding the processing of your personal information
To protect the privacy and the security of your personal information, we may request information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access such information, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal information we maintain. There are instances where applicable laws or regulatory requirements allow or require us to refuse to provide or delete some or all of the personal information that we maintain
You may Contact Us to exercise your rights. We will respond to your request in a reasonable timeframe, and in any event in less than 30 days.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please Contact Us and include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the request.
We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose information from children under 16. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 16—or the equivalent minimum age depending on the jurisdiction, such as 13 in the United States—we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. Please immediately Contact Us if you become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information.
Links to Other Websites
Information Transfer, Storage, and Processing Globally
If applicable, when we share your personal information with our partners, affiliates, and service providers, your personal information may be transferred to and/or made accessible from countries out of the European Economic Area. In such circumstances, we will enter into model contractual clauses as adopted by the European Commission, or rely on alternative legal bases, where applicable, or binding corporate rules where our partners or service providers have adopted such internal policies approved by European data protection authorities.
Information Security and Retention
We take reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security precautions to protect and prevent unauthorized access to your information
It is important that you take precautions to protect against unauthorized access to your information and computers or other devices. If you feel that the security of your personal information has been compromised, please immediately Contact Us. Please be aware that, despite our efforts, no security system is impenetrable. In the event of a security breach, we will promptly notify you and the proper authorities if required by law.
ATTN: Privacy Inquiry
12631 Westlinks Dr., Suite 3
Fort Myers, Florida 33913-8627
or, in Europe at:
Data2Logistics Europe BV
ATTN: Privacy Inquiry
Rivium 1e straat 101 (5th Floor)
2909 LE Capelle aan den Ijssel
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.